Friday, May 7, 2021

Fragrance of Love

 
















Fragrance of Love

 

I remember the days when we were together,

Hand in hand with smiles on our lips,

Going along the misty, silky roads,

But now all have gone to the past.

 

I always loved the flowers in the spring,

I wished a bright morning sun in the east,

But you heartlessly turned my whole life,

Into a dark gloomy winter night.

 

I begged not much but a teaspoon of love,

But you gave me lords of acrimony,

You could have stayed with my smile,

For life without spending a penny.

 

I only needed the fragrance of roses,

But you didn’t take care of the plants,

So, the buds withered away in the summer,

No fragrance was left to smell anywhere.

© 2021maliniganewatta


(Thanks to NeONBRAND for this lovely photo on Unsplash)

2 comments: